Sunday, January 2, 2011

First Impressions: Cargo Cosmetics

Photos of the products are from Cargo Cosmetics Website.

I've had the luxury of working as a freelance makeup artist for a lot of cosmetic lines in 2010 for their big events. Cargo Cosmetics was one of the lines I worked with New Years Eve.

Before this event, I never worked or seen this line in person besides reading reviews on the website. I had to quickly be aware of some of the products online.

I had a great time learning about the line from the Area MUA and appreciating her company.

My first impression of the line was the packaging of the full oil-free coverage foundations. It reminded me of Capri Sun juicy packs when I was a child... but this was more sophisticated with a beautiful silver and small square see thru plastic of the foundation. I was impressed with the coverage of the oil-free foundation and found that their tinted moisturizers had more coverage than a lot of the competitor lines...

A little goes a long way... a dime size would be too much. It was my favorite foundation but I found it having a bit more of a cooler tone (yellowish) verses not seeing enough warmer tones. Although there were a significant amount of different tones, contouring seemed to do the trick in some cases while doing beauty work that evening.


Oil Free Foundation $34 USD

I saw the demonstration of the blu_ray™ High Definition Lip Gloss with Timestrip® Technology came quite handy and when applied on the lips it applied with ease and not too much glitter. The Timestamp technology stamps the time when the lipgloss was opened and sets a due date (9 plus months later). It turns red when it's ready to get tossed!


blu_ray™ High Definition Lip Gloss with Timestrip® Technology $24

I had a wide variety of products I used that day (hitting almost everything in the line).

Here's my first impressions of Cargo Cosmetics:
Grade: B+
Favorite Products:

Cargo Cosmetics Blu-Ray Concealer plus most of their Blu-Ray stuff... complete coverage!


Cargo Cosmetics Blush in Catalina and Tonga


Cargo Cosmetics Reversible Lip Liner in Light and Medium... both a must have!

Dislikes: Foundations tend to have a cooler tone... but it's workable.
Recommendations: My favorite products... this would work great for camera (advertising/editorial) and everyday use in the consumer market.

No comments:

Post a Comment