Monday, January 3, 2011

First Impressions: Vincent Longo Cosmetics

Photos of the products are from Vincent Longo Cosmetics Website.

Another line I worked for last year in 2010 was Vincent Longo Cosmetics for a big event.

Just like all the cosmetic lines, I never worked for them at the counter nor I've never had them in my kit. I accepted these freelancing jobs on purpose to learn about the line on the fly and also have the privilege to work with the products. I had to learn Vincent Longo products online as well... knowing what type of products they had and the "method" of how Vincent Longo applied shadows (his signature).

Most what I'm writing is based on my first impression of the line and my opinions walking away with my favorites and not so favorites.

I am NOT paid by the line itself to talk about their line or received any type of gratis.

I walked in and right away I knew where the line was... it was easy to spot and at a glance, the packaging looked like a very sleek and clean. Closer view, everything was packaged beautifully with a shiny black compacts/logo on pencils, lipsticks, etc.

I started to do work on clients and found that a little goes a LONG way... for instance I had to barely touch the blush with my brush and it was enough. My goodness... the line is PIGMENTED and high quality. I was briefed by the National MUA stating that the "glitter" on some of their products isn't "glitter" it's crushed pearls. I was amazed by the quality and the pigments in the blushes and eyeshadows.

Here's my first impressions of Vincent Longo Cosmetics:
Grade: A
Favorite Products:


I really LOVE their Water Canvas Base/Primer. It's not greasy and it's a gel made with 81% of MicrowaterTM, seaweed extracts and silica gel. It was so easy to put on, fill in pores, and felt like silk on the face.

Water Canvas Base/Primer $44.00

Another love of the line is their Water Based Foundation that is activated by spraying water on the foundation (it feels like a mousse packed foundation) or on your sponge that you get with the foundation.

Water Canvas Creme-to-Powder Foundation Oil Free $57.00


I can stock up on The Curl Mascara... it actually does activate lashes to curl. I've placed it on straight lashes and it curls without a lash curler. It's waterproof and so easy to remove with even soap and water. For future improvements though... I hope they will use a comb or a rubber mascara wand for better application and separating lashes.

The Curl Mascara $23.00

Ah! VL's blushes are phenomenal! I never had a line that I loved each and every blush available!!! I really love the duo colors per blush compact. You can wear either or blush colors or combine them which is my preference.
Day Play Duo Compact Blush $36.00

Dislikes: I hope they come up with a better primer for the eyes... I mean you can use the water based primer all over, but for faces that are oily I saw that it was harder to have shadows stay on the lids. Also The Curl mascara is MY #1 fav, but I'd love to see the mascara applicator changed to a comb or rubber mascara wand to brush lashes out more.

Recommendations: My favorite products is the mascara and blushes... it's geared for everyday use in the consumer market. I spoke to the National MUA for the line and there are plans to hopefully have a Pro Discount and compacts for artists. Stay tuned with this line!

No comments:

Post a Comment